by Lori Cunningham
I am not much of a runner, in fact, I only run when I need to run to the bathroom. I much more enjoy walking, it’s a slower pace, I don’t get over tired, and I can enjoy the beauty around me. I live near a wild preserve area…about 22 miles of open space. As a result, I see a lot of coyotes on my walk. For the most part, I make a noise and they scurry away…but not all them. Some are pretty daring. I have made several plans of what I would do if one were to chase me but I’ve come to realize that I need to start carrying my phone with me. Unfortunately, my workout clothes don’t have a secure pocket for my phone.
I’ve decided it’s time to try out an armband phone holder. Ideally, I wanted one that had a fun color, and plenty of room for my phone and any credit cards/ID, and allows me to easily access the buttons on my phone. The first case I tried was black and flat. Although it did hold credit cards, it didn’t live up to my other expectations. As you can see from above, it was rather flat, black, and well, kinda boring.
Then I found the ARMPOCKET XTREME i-30 and I knew I found the right one for me. Granted, it is much bulkier than the first armband I tried, but for me, that was apart of the appeal, as I knew it would hold everything.
- water-resistant fabric
- large storage capacity – 25 cubic inches – fits the Samsung Galaxy SIII, Droid X, and HTC EVO
- vented, moisture wicking back and strap to keep you comfortable, cool, and dry
- the back that touches the skin is naturally resistant to bacteria, mold, and mildew
- ergonomic design and “No Slip” memory foam that hugs your arm tighter, the more heat you generate
- touch-thru window – allows you to control your phone through the window
- audio port allows you to easily connect your headphones to listen to music
- machine washable
- eco-friendly product – made from recycled plastic (PET) fibers and soft natural bamboo rayon
- comes in 3 strap sizes, SMALL (arm size 7 – 11 inches), MEDIUM (arm size 10 – 14 inches) and LARGE (13 to 18 inches)
- comes in three colors – pink, yellow, and black
- the generous pocket not only fits your large smartphone, but your keys, inhaler, energy bars, and more
- water-resistant so even being out in the rain will protect your phone and belongings
- has 3 inside flexible pockets for your ID, credit cards, etc.
- the ARMPPOCKET holds in place very well
- there’s a special elastic band that ensures your phone stays close to the window for easier operation
- includes a double zipper so you can open it whichever way is easier or allow for a headphone cord to come through the two zippers on the side
- Besides the ARMPOCKET logo, there is no reflective material for use at night
- Some may consider the XTREME i-30 bulky, but ARMPOCKET has other armbands that are less bulkier
- it’s a bit costly
- it’s a little hard to hit the home button through the case on my Galaxy S III
A Mom’s Perspective
I really like the ARMPOCKET XTREME i-30. As a walker, it suits my needs well. If I were a runner, I could see how runners might prefer a smaller profile, which is available in the AERO i-10 or SPORT i-20. I would have loved using the XTREME i-30 at the CES, Consumer Electronics tradeshow, it would have been a very helpful way to hold my phone, check the time, see incoming texts & e-mails, notice upcoming appointments, as well as a handy place to keep my business cards. I really did need one more hand and the ARMPOCKET would have come in handy. I put my phone in my pocket as I walked around the show, so I couldn’t hear when my phone was ringing and I didn’t refer to it often.
Besides using it at trade shows, I foresee using the ARMPOCKET when hiking, traveling, coaching basketball for my daughter’s team (because I often don’t have pockets in my shorts), walking on the beach, even going to Disneyland. The ARMPOCKET is very comfortable and does not slip down my arm like my previous one does. I love the pink color; I have so many black phone accessories, I like that this one stands out. The ARMPOCKET is just so handy and I don’t have to fumble in my purse to find my phone.
Have you tried an armband yet for your phone or mp3 player? Which one do you like?
* I was given an ARMPOCKET XTREME i-30 in exchange for my honest opinion. All expressed opinions are my own.